Garfield County Regional Airport is a county-owned public-use airport in Garfield County, Colorado, United States. It is located three nautical miles east of the central business district of Rifle, Colorado. Rifle Garfield County Airport was the third busiest general aviation airport in Colorado in 2016, because of diversions from higher mountain airports which sustain frequent weather delays. The FBO is Atlantic Aviation.
Rifle Garfield County Airport (RIL) – is located in Rifle, Colorado, a mere 27 miles from Glenwood Springs, 46 miles to Eagle, 61 miles to Aspen, 65 miles to Grand Junction, and 88 miles to Vail. It is in the epicenter of Colorado’s best Rocky Mountain to Red Rock Desert recreational and residential properties.
- The preferred alternate for Eagle and Aspen (which are closed at night frequently due to weather)
- The preferred General Aviation Mountain Business Jet Airport in Colorado;
- Open 24 hours a day, seven days a week;
- An airport with no noise restrictions;
- A General Aviation airport of which security regulations of commercial airports do not apply; and
- It is STMP (Special Traffic Management Procedures) friendly.
Address: 375 County Road 352, Rifle, CO 81650
Phone: (970) 625-1091
Owner: Garfield County, Colorado